THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID OUTSIDE CANADA, THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT EMPLOYED AS AN AUTO CARE INDUSTRY REPAIR OR PARTS PROFESSIONAL, LOCATED IN CANADA, THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES OR IN D.C. THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL AND STATE, PROVINCIAL, MUNICIPAL AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
1. NO PURCHASE OR SALE NECESSARY. Making a purchase or sale will not improve your chances of winning. The RAYBESTOS ’53 Chevy® Pickup Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) sponsored by Brake Parts Inc LLC (“Sponsor”) begins 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on March 1, 2018 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. CT on September 8, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The computer clock of Sponsor’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes. You may enter the Sweepstakes by participating in certain promotions or by mail-in entry, as described in Rule 3, below.
2. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to those employed as auto care industry repair or parts professionals at the time of entry and award of prize, located in the 48 Contiguous United States, the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) or Canada. Employees, directors, officers and agents of Sponsor, its parent, affiliate, and subsidiary companies, its advertising and promotion agencies, the companies that partnered with Sponsor in building the custom ’53 Chevy® Pickup, including Schwartz Performance (collectively, “Schwartz and Build Partners”), and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as spouse, biological, adoptive and step-parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is void outside Canada, the 48 Contiguous United States, D.C. and where prohibited by law.
3. How to Enter:
To Enter by Participating in Sponsor Promotions: During the Sweepstakes Period, entries into the Sweepstakes may be earned by participating in specially-designated promotions (“Sub-Promotion”). The requirements for each Sub-Promotion will be periodically posted on www.raybestos.com/chevyrules and the posted rules for the Sub-Promotions are incorporated herein by reference.
To Enter by Mail: Legibly handprint your Full Name, Daytime Telephone Number (Including Area Code), E-Mail Address, Home address (no P.O. Boxes) including country, Business Name, Business Address, And Job Title on a 3" x 5" card, and mail your entry in a standard, #10 business-size envelope to: RAYBESTOS ’53 Chevy® Pickup Sweepstakes, c/o MMS, 833 W. Jackson Blvd. #300, Chicago, IL 60607 USA. All mail-in entries must be post-marked by September 8, 2018 and received by September 15, 2018. No mechanically reproduced or computer-generated entries allowed.
To Enter Online: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.raybestos.com/winme and follow the instructions to complete the entry form in its entirety. Limit one (1) entry per day per person or email address. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the name and home address on such entry. All online entries not related to a Sub-Promotion received in excess of one (1) per day will be disqualified.
4. Entry Errors/Tampering: Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any third-party web site or service, or through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, macro, programmed or similar quick-entry duplication method, and to disqualify any individual using such a web site/ service or entry method, as applicable. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) any entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, postage-due or misdirected, or not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries; (iii) destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iv) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software, or telephone transmissions; (v) damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer or wireless device or its contents; (vi) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (vii) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (viii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (ix) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prizes or prize winners; (x) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms and denial of service attacks); or (xi) cheating or fraud by any participant.
All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. All entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to any printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or if the Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated before the original end date, to select the winners from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the date/time of termination. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who enters using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
5. Further Entry Conditions: No limit on the total number of entries. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants acknowledge their compliance with and agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions.
6. Drawing/Odds of Winning: Prize Winners will be determined in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period through all entry methods combined. The drawing will be conducted on or about September 24, 2018 by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received through all entry methods combined. Potential winners will be notified by phone, mail or e-mail by or about September 27, 2018. Prize winners may also be posted on the website (www.raybestos.com/winme) following verification of winners and may be announced by news release. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules.
7. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of (i) a 1953 Chevy® Pickup, restored by Schwartz Performance and featuring its “G-Machine” custom-fabricated chassis and Specialty Truck brake pads and Advanced Technology® rotors (“1953 Chevy® Pickup”) (ARV $75,000), and (ii) a 3 day, 2 night trip to Las Vegas for the AAPEX show (October 30 – November 1, 2018), consisting of roundtrip coach class air transportation to McCarran International airport from the major commercial airport nearest the winner’s home, and 2 nights’ hotel accommodations (one (1) room/double occupancy) for winner and a guest, and two (w) Attendee passes to AAPEX 2018 (“AAPEX Trip”) (ARV $2,500). AAPEX Trip ARV will vary depending on point of departure, dates of travel, and value of tickets. Winner and guest must travel together. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Winner and guest must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid photo ID, etc.) in order to travel. All other expenses and costs associated with the AAPEX Trip that are not expressly listed above are the sole responsibility of the winner. (Grand Prize ARV $77,500).
In order to be awarded the Grand Prize, the winner must either: a) claim the AAPEX Trip component of the Grand Prize and attend the AAPEX show, which will include a requirement to be present at Sponsor’s booth on Wednesday October 31, 2018 to participate in a Sweepstakes related media event; or b) decline the APPEX Trip component of the Grand Prize but agree to allow a representative of Sponsor videotape their acceptance of the 1953 Chevy® Pickup at a mutually agreed upon time and location.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event any advertised prize is unavailable. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of prize will not be awarded in any form. Dollar amounts are expressed in U.S. currency. Prizes are non-transferable, and no prize substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed except by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or as otherwise provided herein. All income taxes on prize are the winner’s sole responsibility. The prize will be awarded provided it is claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules.
8. 1953 Chevy® Pickup – Sponsor’s First Right of Refusal and Right to Purchase: By entering, each entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor, if entrant is awarded the Grand Prize as the winner, the first right of refusal to purchase the 1953 Chevy® Pickup on terms which shall have been offered by any third party. The winner shall notify Sponsor of its intent to sell and the Sponsor shall have 60 days to meet such third-party terms of agreement to sell and to pay any consideration required thereunder. Additionally, in the event of winner’s death, the Sponsor shall have the right to purchase the 1953 Chevy® Pickup at fair market value, based on an independent third party appraisal. Sponsor’s rights under this paragraph may be exercised by Sponsor or any of its affiliates, and these rights shall survive for a period of fifty (50) years following the date the winner takes title to the vehicle.
9. Verification/Prize Claim: Winner must provide positive identification specified by Sponsor to claim or participate in the prize. Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and, where permitted by law, Publicity Release (or Eligibility and Liability/Publicity release for Canadian winner) without additional compensation within ten (10) days of notification or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among all remaining entries. In addition, a Canadian potential winner will be required to answer, without mechanical or other assistance, a mathematical skill-testing question by Sponsor or its agent at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time as a prerequisite to being declared a winner. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems a potential winner ineligible to receive the Grand Prize for any reason, it will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among all remaining entries. Winner’s guest will be required to sign and return a Liability Release, where permitted by law. Sponsor’s decisions will be final, binding and non-appealable in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
10. Limitations on Liability: By entering, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, and agrees to indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor, Schwartz and Build Partners and the parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies of each of them, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including without limitation emotional distress) and/or death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy or merchandise delivery arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession and/or use/misuse of a prize (if awarded to him/her) or his/her participation in prize-related activities (if applicable), including but not limited to travel related thereto.
The winner, by accepting a prize, acknowledges that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to such prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
11. Consent to Publicity: By accepting a prize, the winner further consents to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, voice, statements and/or likeness for advertising, promotion, public relations, social media or trade purposes in commerce and in any media worldwide without limitation or additional compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law.
12. Disputes/Venue/Governing Law: By participating, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal, state or local court located in the State of Illinois; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Illinois.
13. Winners List: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope after November 13, 2018 and no later than December 31, 2018 to: RAYBESTOS ‘53 CHEVY® PICKUP Sweepstakes, c/o Brake Parts Inc LLC, 4400 Prime Parkway, McHenry, IL 60050 USA.
14. Sponsor: Brake Parts Inc LLC, 4400 Prime Parkway, McHenry, IL 60050
©2018 Brake Parts Inc LLC. All rights reserved. RAYBESTOS and ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY are among the registered trademarks and trademarks of BPI Holdings International Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.